Remote Working Solutions
We have now caught up with the unprecedented demand for remote working solutions and are delighted to announce that all of our clients that have chosen to migrate to cloud solutions are now migrated and working fluidly. In addition we have now launched our Coronavirus Relief Scheme, designed to assist those retail clients whom are still forcibly closed under the governments current guidance. Details of this scheme are available in your Client Area
As the government continues to recommend the general public to engage in social distancing and to work from home where possible people are looking to technology to continue to operate their businesses and stay in touch with loved ones. During this difficult time we will ensure that our focus is on supplying and supporting these solutions as required and support issues for clients unable to work from home will continue to be treated with top priority.
If you are in any doubt whether your remote working solution functions properly, or if you do not have a solution in place then contact us immediately on 01279 658331 or via e-mail where one of our team will be ready to assist you.
READ OUR LATEST BLOG POST ON HOW TO WORK REMOTELY HERE
Help for healers and vulnerable individuals
Offering assistance to those who need it most
During this difficult time we understand the increased importance of internet access, both to facilitate the provision of essential services for those that are unable to leave their homes and to stay in contact with friends, family and loved ones, especially for those in the at risk group.
From Monday the 23rd March until the end of government restrictions Tranquil IT will be offering free remote IT support and 50% off labour for all hardware repairs to any NHS staff or anyone in the at risk category. Simply quote the offer code KEY19. This offer extends to any private sector medical staff whose hospitals may be called upon to provide assistance during this coronavirus outbreak. If you qualify and would like to take advantage of this service please call 033 00 58 08 68
Remote support services remain in normal operation.
Our support solution has been designed from the ground up to allow us to operate from any location. There is no change to contact method nor in process for the client. We do not expect this to change at all during this outbreak.
Collect And Repair
New service now in operation
We are now offering a collect and repair service for all Desktop's, Laptop's and other small Network Devices.
How does it work?
- Give us a call on 01279 658331 where one of our team will be waiting to assist you.
- Provide your e-mail address and book a collection slot with us.
- One of our drivers will attend your home, leave a disinfected plastic box on your doorstep and ring your bell.
- Place the device that requires repairs into the box.
- Signal the driver once all items are in the box and close the door.
- The item will be transported to our repair center.
- All required paperwork and payments are then processed electronically.
- Once the device is repaired it is fully cleaned, disinfected and placed into another disinfected plastic box
- A return delivery will then be arranged at a convenient time to yourselves.
All prices include, collection, inspection fee and return delivery, any labour or parts required to effect repairs will be quoted in full before works being carried out.
- Locations within 10 Miles - £24
- Locations within 20 Miles - £34
- All other locations - POA
Customers will shortly be able to book this service through their client area, watch this space for further information.
Operational with safety restrictions.
Following the updated guidelines from the Government announced on Monday 11th May we will be resuming our onsite support service starting from Monday the 18th May. However a number of additional precautions will be in place as detailed below. Any clients wishing to take advantage of this service will need to sign a document agreeing to the below amendments before a booking can be made.
- Support tasks will initially be attempted remotely, requests for onsite support prior to exhausting all remote options will be denied.
- If an engineer is unable to resolve an issue remotely, they can now attend a clients premises if they feel it is safe and after asking three questions of the client:
- Has anyone in the premises been diagnosed with COVID-19, been asked to self-isolate, or travelled to a coronavirus high-risk area or country in the last 14 days?
- Is anyone in the premises suffering from a raised temperature or feeling unwell?
- Do you have social distancing measures in place to allow our engineers to always be 2 meters apart from any other individuals
If the answer to any of those questions is yes, the engineer will not be able to enter the premises and the job will be rescheduled for 14 days time.
If the answer to both questions is no the engineer will enter the premises but will take additional precautions as follows.
- Time in the premises will be limited to providing repairs to existing supported infrastructure, no new project work of any kind will be undertaken onsite.
(New Project works can however continue remotely.)
- All Onsite appointments will be attended by Tranquil company vehicle. All Tranquil vehicles will be regularly cleaned and disinfected after each appointment.
(During Lockdown all Onsite appointments will be charged at 0.45p per mile [round trip] Plus a £10 charge to cover cleaning and PPE expenses. If parking charges are incurred these will also be recharged at cost, these charges apply to all customers that require an onsite appointment during the period of COVID-19 outbreak)
- At all times whilst on appointment engineers will be wearing overalls, a face mask, goggles and gloves. After each appointment all overalls and goggles are cleaned and disinfected. Face masks and gloves will be disposed of after each appointment.
- Since Keyboards and Mice represent an extremely high vector risk for COVID-19 transmission all Tranquil engineering staff will carry their own personal keyboards. These devices are compatible with Bluetooth, Wireless and USB and should be compatible with most modern devices. We will not at this time be able to connect to older style PS/2 devices. Any such devices will need to be returned to our repair center and disinfected before further works can be carried out.
(Please use our Collect and Repair service for all such devices)
- Where hardware repairs are required all spares will be brought into customers premises in a disinfected plastic box. All boxes, manuals materials and other waste from spares will be taken away and disposed of by Tranquil staff.
- Should a device need to be returned to our repair center for further works it will need to be thoroughly disinfected before any works can begin and again following repairs being effected and before returning. Please allow extra time for repairs to accommodate these new requirements
- All clients will be asked to observe social distancing of at least 2 Meters (6 feet) at all times whilst our engineer is onsite.
Please be advised that at this time we have an extremely high volume of requests for onsite appointments.
As a result we are operating with a waiting time of around 5 working days.
On Monday 16th March the decision was taken by our founder to immediately transition our staff to working from home.
For many years we have deployed a comprehensive remote solution for our staff, comprised of a combination of cloud servers, VOIP telecoms and VPN. This has allowed us to provide a high standard of support to our clients from anywhere in the world where an internet connection is available.
As of Thursday the 19th March and until further notice our office premises in Bishops Stortford will not be open to the public. We will however continue to provide a full range of services as detailed above. Our repair center in Thorley remains open at this time and collections can be booked above for any repairs required.
Walk in Clients
Since our offices are closed to the public we are now offering a collect and return service as detailed here Please note that Key Workers may be eligible for a free collect and repair service please Contact Us for more details.